BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. /California Newswire/ — West Coast’s Largest Design & Architecture Show, Beverly Hills, June 26-28: CA Boom Show Tickets went on sale last week at www.caboomshow.com, $20/day in advance, compared with $25/day at the door. The show has grown exponentially in its complexity, combining everything related to contemporary and non-traditional design under one roof, including visits to never-before seen, stunning architectural homes in the Los Angeles area.
The CA Boom Show (www.caboomshow.com) 2009 takes place Friday, June 26 through Sunday, June 28 in the former Robinsons flagship department store on the corner of Wilshire and Santa Monica Boulevards in Beverly Hills, Calif. A mix of contemporary & modern design incubating companies and products making their debuts, the show draws both the design trade and design savvy consumer. Exhibit Admission is $20 per day in advance or $25 at the door, which includes panel discussions.
Sunday’s “The Homes of the Hollywood Hills” tour costs $75 and includes exhibit hall admission. A Stahl House Fundraising tour includes special twilight tours of the famous Stahl House (Case Study House #22), and takes place on Friday and Saturday from the exhibit hall for $65. Each ticket contributes to the historic home’s preservation.
Show highlights include:
* Special day and twilight home tours to the Stahl House (Case Study House #22), a portion of proceeds going toward its preservation.
* CA Boom Store, hosted by Project Angel Food (famous for their annual Divine Design Event). Store will feature select exhibitors’ items for sale to raise money for PAF.
* Major design debuts this year include new products from Vitra, Magna Modern, Mooi, Louis Poulsen, EcoSmart Fire, IC Green, Kimono NYC & Live-Pure-Life, Mogul, Shine Home, Floor Model, Albert Frias, 9-Mile School House, Urban Oasis, and Granada.
* Coolhaus, a crazy, Twitter-followed ice cream truck that serves up custom-designed ice cream sandwiches with an architectural flair. High concept ice cream sandwiches are named for modern design icons-Frank Behry, Mintimalism, Oatmeal Cinnamoneo, Mies Vanilla Rohe, and IM Peinut Butter.
* Frank Gehry, Robert Graham & Nancy Robins sculptures, all part of the Frostig Collection, curated by Kate Stern and on display at CA Boom.
* The popular Public Urban Mobile Arts project (PUMA) brings artist, PlasticGod, to custom-design “live” works of art on T-shirts.
* Julius Shulman photographs, a multimedia installation by the LA Conservancy’s Modern Committee.
* Home tours including the house on Sunset Plaza, an architectural gem by L.A.’s own Assembledge+, with furniture by DK Vogue and artwork curated by the William Turner Gallery.
* USGBC LEED Accreditation workshops.
* Photographer, Robin Layton, a Pulitzer Prize winner, honored by Life Magazine as one of the eight most talented photographers in America, will show her debut art furnishings and be on-hand for interviews.
* On-site design book store present by Hennessey + Ingalls, book signings by: Ezequiel Farca, Jennifer Siegal, Alan Hess and Disney Imagineer author, Jeff Kurtti.
AND SO MUCH MORE! Check back for daily updates at www.caboomshow.com, and to purchase advance tickets to the show or home tours. This promises to be one of the best design weekends of the year in Southern California, so hop on board and CA Boom with us!
Copyright © 2009 California Newswire(TM). A unit of Neotrope® – all rights reserved. For Licensing Information, contact email@example.com
Part of the NEOTROPE®.News Network.
SPHERE: Related Content — CLICK HERE to See What Else is Out There!
About The Author / Editor: