SACRAMENTO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — Today, Calif. Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. announced that he has signed the following bills to strengthen consumer health and safety protections in California:
• AB 72 by Assemblymember Rob Bonta (D-Alameda) – Health care coverage: out-of-network coverage.
• AB 796 by Assemblymember Adrin Nazarian (D-Sherman Oaks) – Health care coverage: autism and pervasive developmental disorders.
• AB 1580 by Assemblymember Mike Gatto (D-Glendale) – Consumer credit reports: security freezes: protected consumer.
• AB 1954 by Assemblymember Autumn R. Burke (D-Inglewood) – Health care coverage: reproductive health care services.
• AB 2024 by Assemblymember Jim Wood (D-Healdsburg) – Critical access hospitals: employment.
• AB 2036 by Assemblymember Patty Lopez (D-San Fernando) – Online child care job posting services: background check service providers: enforcement.
• SB 908 by Senator Ed Hernandez (D-Azusa) – Health care coverage: premium rate change: notice: other health coverage.
• SB 999 by Senator Fran Pavley (D-Agoura Hills) – Health care coverage: contraceptives: annual supply.
• SB 1135 by Senator William W. Monning (D-Carmel) – Health care coverage: notice of timely access to care.
• SB 1365 by Senator Ed Hernandez (D-Azusa) – Hospitals.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov
The post Calif. Governor Brown Signs Consumer Protection Legislation including AB 1580 appeared first on California Newswire.